Australian Researchers, Corporates and Startups driving AI led innovation
Sydney, 28th Sep 2018: The NSW Minister for Innovation & Better Regulation, The Hon. Matt Kean presented the BigInsights Data & AI Innovation Awards to leaders using Data & AI to drive innovation.
The BigInsights Data & AI Innovation Awards recognise teams & end users that are doing ground-breaking work using Data, AI & IoT to deliver business outcomes. (www.dataawards.org). Snowflake sponsored the awards and the event was held at General Assembly campus in Sydney.
The Awards were judged by a team of independent industry experts that conferred 6 Awards that clearly demonstrated best practices in developing and deploying Data & Analytics or IoT techniques.
2018 BigInsights Data & AI Innovation Awards Results:
- Best Industry Application of Data Analytics:
- Winner: UTS & ANZ One Path – Making insurance easier for customers and ANZ-OnePath through AI data-driven underwriting
- Highly Commended: Data to Decisions CRC
- Highly Commended: SportsBet
- Best Industry Application of IoT:
- Winner: Incitec Pivot – Digital Insights Platform improves operating efficiency of the manufacturing business, predict and prevent breakdowns
- Highly Commended: National Narrowband Network Co
- Highly Commended: KnowHowHere
- Best Industry Application of AI:
- Winner: UTS & ANZ One Path – Making insurance easier for customers and ANZ-OnePath through AI data driven underwriting
- Highly Commended: NSW Data Analytic Center (DAC)
- Best Customer Insights:
- Winner: Digivizer – Helps businesses get real time insights across their digital media investments – owned, earned and paid social and search platforms
- Best Government Service:
- Winner: NSW Data Analytic Center (DAC) – Developed an AI/ML based tool to give holistic view of total spend with government by category as first step to more efficient procurement.
- Best Start-Up :
- Winner :Everywhere Venues – Helps organanisations with underutilised venues and facilities to “share” them with the community
- Highly Commended: GroupAd
Australia’s well-known boutique Data, AI/ML analytics consulting & advisory firm BigInsights is the convener of these annual awards. These are the 3rd year that awards have been held and have been supported by Federal and NSW Innovation Ministers.
Atul Anjea, Partner and Awards Director at BigInsights said, “While the ability to use Data, IoT and AI has been talked about extensively for innovation, little has been discussed about benefits being realised by the early Australian pioneers in industry and startups. We acknowledge and congratulate these leaders in startups, government, research and enterprises that are using technology for data driven innovation”
The awards are sponsored by Snowflake and supported by General Assembly, TiE, The Data Warehouse Institute (TDWI), and IoT Alliance Australia.
The full details of the BigInsights Data & AI Innovation Awards can be found at www.dataawards.org including the terms & conditions and judges involved.